Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully before booking, and if you have any questions, please reach out.
1 – The Agreement
All bookings are made with Desa Retreat Pty Ltd – ABN 99 313 869 405. By booking any of our services, you agree to have read and accepted the terms and conditions.
2 – Validity
All prices on our website are in Australian Dollars and include GST. Rates and conditions are subject to change without notice.
3 – Deposits & Final Payment
We require a 50% deposit of the accommodation and/or studio hire to secure your booking.
For accommodation bookings:
The balance is due seven days before your arrival. This is also when any additional costs for catering, surfing lessons, massage or yoga facilitation are payable for guest.
For external facilitator retreat bookings:
The full balance is due 14 days before arrival or retreat begins. This includes activities, meals, and all dietary requirements. If additional guests’ book into your retreat after this time we can adjust your invoice (Please all additional guests must be confirmed 5 days before retreat starts).
4 – Cancellation Policy
A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a stay or any services (studio hire, catering, or activities), the following conditions apply:
• Cancellation more than 30 days before your booking date – your deposit will be returned less a $50 administration fee for accommodation bookings and studio hire or $100 administration fee for full venue hire and group retreats.
• Cancellations less than 14 days prior to your booking are non-refundable nor transferable.
• For group retreats and venue hire (studio and/or accommodation) – cancellation less than 30 days and more than 14 days before your booking date – Your deposit will not be refunded, however you may be able to reschedule your event to another date or received a credit to be used within twelve months of your booking date. Cancellations less than 14 days prior to your booking are non-refundable nor transferable.
• No shows will incur a 100% no show fee.
• For Desa to run retreats we require a minimum of 3 guests for personal transformation retreats and 5 guests for surf and Yoga retreats. If we do not reach this minimum 5 days before the retreat start date, retreats might be cancelled, and guests offered to shift to different dates or receive a full refund.
• Desa Studio – Yoga Classes – Once purchased Yoga classes are not refundable, however if you cannot make it to a group class for “x” reason you can still cancel your booking 3 hours before the start time. Please note a minimum of 3 students is required for yoga group classes to go head, if the class is cancelled it will be shown on the live timetable and you will receive an email notification if you were booking in for this specific timeframe. You will be offered a full credit to use for a future class of your choice.
5 – Security Bonds
A credit card is also required as security and up to $500 may be charged to cover any damages.
6 – Child Policy
Children are welcome at Deśa retreat when accompanied by at least one parent or carer. Pricing for accommodation and extras is the same for children and adults, and given our in-room dining is intimate numbers, we are unable to offer different options for children than adults. We also believe children need to have a balanced plate just as adults do, and our focus with the food experience is health and well-being. If your children are not accustomed to eating a variety of fruits and vegetables, we recommend you provide some food that they will enjoy.
7 – Rates & Surcharges
Our rates are dynamic and may vary in accordance with demand, market conditions and availability. Any reduced pricing or discounts that may become available after you have paid your deposit will not apply. Full cancellation conditions apply if you wish to cancel your booking to take advantage of a lower price. The most up to date rates are available on our website.
8 – Activities
If any of your extra activities with external facilitators is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, such as clay workshops, drumming lessons or massage, we will refund you the total amount of this specific activity or offer a credit that you can use towards any other of our available offerings.
9 – Medical Conditions
Please inform the host if you have any medical conditions that we need to know before taking part in any of our retreats or activities.
11 – Applicable Law
The laws of Victoria fully govern these booking conditions allowable. Therefore, any disputes in connection with our offerings or these booking conditions must be initiated in the courts of Victoria.