Know before you book
- This retreat caters to all levels of yoga experience.
- All food is primarily plant-based, and the occasional use of eggs from our chickens. If you have special dietary requirements outside of this scope, please let us know when booking. Dietary requirements must be confirmed 7 days before arrival.
- Accommodation is in a combination of our two Eco-villas and Tiny House.
- Please be aware occasionally, we need to modify the scheduling of the retreat due to Mother Nature or other unforeseen circumstances such as health reasons. If this happens, alternative arrangements will be made so you still receive the full value of the retreat.
- Be aware that a minimum of three people are required to run this retreat. In the unlikely case that places are unfilled, we will offer an alternative date. If this is not possible, we will give you a 100% refund.
- Please read our full Terms and Conditions before booking.
Hear from our guests
Such a fabulous location, great treatments and nothing was to much trouble. So kind, understanding and caring. Such a nurturing retreat. Thank you.
We enjoyed every second of our yoga class and lunch. Emma facilitated one of the best yoga sessions I’ve ever done and the lunch was beautiful. Can’t wait to return!
What a treat was in store for us at our 3 day Desa surfing and yoga retreat. Every aspect was exceptional. All the instructors were so skilled at their craft. We were bathed in culture, rest, fun, play and the most amazing food prepared by Viv. Emma is the most amazing yoga teacher and her trauma centred yoga really was a very grounding and special experience. Thank you so much for a wonderful 3 days. I highly recommend this retreat, set amongst 2 very special gum trees, a lovely gathering area, fire pit area surrounded by native garden and veggie gardens, including chooks. We had a private deck outside our accommodation where we could relax and enjoy, either sitting on the deck or lounging in the hammock! A very special time.
A wonderful 4 days of regeneration. Exceeded all expectations. The quality of the room and amenities is outstanding. All facilitators were accomplished, confident, open and engaged, leading us through some amazing new experiences. (Nidra Yoga, Soundscape Yoga, Hula dancing to name a few). Special mention to Viv the chef. We were treated to an abundance of delicious food, prepared on-site, with all meals including fresh harvest from the garden. Thanks, Emma, for your care and intention in creating a beautiful, recuperative retreat.
Desa Retreat is a magical getaway. A very well considered space in a peaceful setting with so much more than accommodation. Do try the yoga, surfing, food 😉
As a backpacker I was at first hesitating about the retreat since it was a bit above my budget but it was so worth it! The yoga sessions, the location close to the beach, surfing, dancing, singing and delicious vegetarian food… I enjoyed every bit of the weekend!
So happy that decided to take part in the yoga surfing retreat on the weekend. Em, Sally and Swiv thank you for the experience of a lifetime. The plant based fresh ingredients (meals) from the garden are so delicious, yoga was a absolute journey and the surfing lessons have given me a new healthy activity to take into life. This is experience for everyone no matter where you are in life. Guaranteed to feel free from a lot in life.
Havenly retreat, I met a lot of genuine artists and amazing people who make me feel even more appriciate in life. Keep up Emma you are the best ❤
The Yoga & Surf Retreat was beautiful. How wonderful to be surrounded by and immersed in nature, learning gentle ways to integrate it all into modern day living. The accommodation was perfect, the people were perfect, the activities were perfect, the food was perfect. I am so grateful. The space you hold, Em, is like a cocoon. It is nurturing, loving, raw, real, enlightening, and grounding. For me, it has felt like a transitional space - as I begin to emerge from the chrysalis, feeling like I am taking a breath for the first time in this life. Thank you for sharing your experience, love, compassion & knowledge with me.
Emma was a wonderful guide and teacher and my wife and I had a fabulous yoga and sound healing experience Can’t recommend it enough